- 13-Feb-2013 to 14-Apr-2013 (EST)
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Wood-Mizer is a 30 year-old, established but still growing international manufacturing and distribution company in Indianapolis that is seeking a highly motivated Team Player.
Assist in achieving Engineering objectives by designing, developing and testing of new products and modifications of current products. Improve performance, quality and cost in new or modified designs.
Primary Job Function:
- Design new parts, assemblies and machines base on agreed Project Definition descriptions.
- Work on modifications of current products following the market, customers, quality and cost requirement.
- Prepare cost, quality and testing analyzes for new and modified designs.
- Create R&D documentation for new or modified designs.
- Review and discuss new and modified designs with Engineering Manufacturing team to make sure that new solutions can be manufactured by our production plants with acceptable cost level.
- Work with production departments to assist in any needs to improve production.
- Help R&D Technicians in design of tooling for new product.
- Work with purchasing to source and purchase parts for prototype equipment.
- Work with Technical Writers team on manuals for new or modified products.
- Assists in the development of manufacturing processes by designing and modifying equipment for fabricating, building, assembling, and installing components.
- Cooperate with other Wood-Mizer R&D teams on development of any worldwide products or modifications.
- Follow the newest available on the market technology or products to improve functionality, durability, cost and quality of our products.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering required.
- Broad mechanical background preferred.
- Ability to convey technical concepts in an easily understood manner, both verbally and in writing, clear and concise communications.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw conclusions.
- Requires use of Pro/E
- Basic computer skills: Word, Excel, Data Base and Email
- Ability to specify information of material selection, finishes, dimensioning, and tolerances.
- Knowledge of MRP system helpful.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!